Posted by Ben on 11 2nd, 2011
Remember the rumors occuring back at the end of September about Chevy designing a concept car to go toe to toe with the Mustang Cobra Jet? Well, guess what…I’m here to say that the COPO Camaro rolled out at the pre-SEMA press event at Las Vegas. Actually, along with this hot-looking model, the other Camaro and Chevelle Crate Engine were unveiled by Chevy. And I see no reason to tease you. So, here are the photos of these stunning muscle cars for you to drool over.
Chevrolet Camaro COPO concept
First up was the Chevrolet Camaro COPO concept, arriving as the potential NHRA Eliminator class dragster. As I mentioned before, this awesome model is a rival to the Mustang Cobra Jet. So we won’t believe the automaker stating that it’s just a concept, as we’re 100% sure it will go into production to be that dog in the fight. What does the COPO Camaro have under the hood? A choice of two crate motors (a supercharged 327 and a 427) is offered, making the vehicle a serious contender.
- Provisions for two engine configurations
- Provisions for a Powerglide two-speed automatic transmission, a three-speed automatic or a five-speed manual
- High-rise cowl-induction hood
- Custom Aeromotive fuel system, with a fuel cell and integral high-pressure fuel pump
- Full, chrome moly roll cage
- Coil-over front suspension with Strange Engineering adjustable struts
- Custom rear suspension, based on NHRA requirements, with Strange Engineering shocks, Panhard bar and stabilizer bar
- Strange Engineering S-9 solid rear axle with aluminum third member, 35-spline spool, 35-spline axles and 4.10 gear set
- Lightweight, COPO-specific racing wheels
- 29×9-inch rear radial racing slicks and 4.5x28x15-inch front tires
- Manual steering system
- Strange Engineering lightweight racing brakes system with standard line lock.
Hot Wheels Camaro concept
Named as “a toy for adults” as being imspired by a Hot Wheels toy car, a special edition Hot Wheels Camaro concept commemorates 45 years of Hot Wheels toys. Given a special paint treatment similar to the original die-cast cars, this Chevy boasts agleam paintjob. Hot Wheels Camaro concept was chromed as well as painted. Check out the video for details on exciting Hot Wheels Camaro concept right after the pics.
At last, but not the least, a special Chevelle commissioned by Dale Earnhadrt Jr was showcased to the world. The model was engineered to show off the new crate motor program. Including a motor, transmission and all wiring and ancillaries, the turnkey package offers the hot-rodders to drop in a complete drivetrain with minimal work involved.
You know that you’ve got a vehicle of America’s most popular brand, but you might not know how to treat it well. Don’t worry! CARiD is here to help you with a wide array of stylish accessories meant to beautify your ride. Whether you own a sedan or a truck, you’ll easily find needed parts for your concrete model. Here are just some of suggestions for you to consider:
CARiD.com · Eight-A Corporate Center · 1 Corporate Drive · Cranbury · New Jersey · 08512 · USA
Toll Free: 800.505.3274 · International: 609.642.4700 · Fax: 609.964.1983
All manufacturer names, symbols, and descriptions, used in our images and text are used solely for identification purposes only.
It is neither inferred nor implied that any item sold by CARiD.com, is a product authorized by or in any way connected with any vehicle manufacturers displayed on this page.
Copyright © 2003-2012 CARiD.com. All rights reserved.